WHAT IS Stellar Bodies?
Simply put, Stellar Bodies is a combination of weight training and Pilates. Stellar Bodies utilizes the best of both: the strengthening and toning benefits of weight training, and the lengthening and postural enhancing benefits of Pilates in a circuit training sequence.
Stellar Bodies keeps the heart rate up and burns extra calories. The routines incorporate “old school” exercises such as push ups and lunges, however, the support of the Megaformer™ eliminates the pressure on joints and the spine.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO THIS WORKOUT?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you need to rest.
Depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover. I would recommend 2 to 3 times a week to allow your body to properly recover and repair. Some students love the workout so much that they come 5 or 6 times a week. Listen to your body.
I HAVE NEVER DONE PILATES, CAN I DO THE CLASSES? OR SHOULD I DO PRIVATE SESSIONS FIRST?
It depends on your current fitness level. 99% of our new students do just fine in the classes.
The workout is intense but the routine is kept simple to make sure everyone is using good form. However, if you have chronic back pain , painful joints or a severe medical condition, it is recommended to take a private session first to assess your fitness level.
WHAT IF I CAN’T COME TO CLASS AND I HAVE ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED? WILL I BE CHARGED?
Yes, even if it’s your first time. We absolutely require a 24 hour notice before making any kind of changes to your schedule. There are no exceptions.
Please arrive at least 5 minutes before class. If you do not show up for your reserved spot within 5 minutes after the start of class, it may be given to a standby student.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT SCHEDULING CLASSES AND THE AUTOMATED BOOKING SYSTEM?
Someone is usually available during class hours. We recommend all our members to get familiar with our automated booking system. it is the easiest, fastest, and most accurate way to book classes. If you forgot your password or need more info, call or email us.
What Should I Bring to Class?
1. Most importantly, bring a positive attitude. Leave all your worries behind. The class is for you. You need to be present minded when working out to maximize the benefits of the class.
2. We have water, but please bring a water bottle so we can save paper on cups.
3. Wear comfortable clothes that allow your muscles to stretch and your skin to “breathe”.
4. ToeSox (if you don’t have a pair, you can get one at our studio).
5. Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Your necklace may catch into the springs system (a nightmare to undo) and you may forget it or lose it. It creates too many opportunities for disaster (we know because we’ve seen it too many times),but wearing jewelry is a choice for you to make.
6. No cell phones during classes (please be respectful of others).
7. If you are about to renew, please bring your payment. Most of our clientele pay online using our automated system. Please understand that no classes can be confirmed if you’re not prepaid.
8. You’ll need a hair tie if you have long hair.