Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Stellar Bodies?
Stellar Bodies is a combination of weight training and select modified Pilates movements using a custom machine. Stellar Bodies utilizes the best of both worlds: the strengthening and toning benefits of weight training and the lengthening and postural enhancing benefits of Pilates. Stellar Bodies keeps the heart rate up and burns extra calories. The routines incorporate “old school” exercises such as push-ups and lunges, but the support of the Starformer eliminates the pressure on joints and the spine.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I WORK OUT?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue, at which point you need to rest. This workout is recommended 2 to 3 times per week, but some clients love the workout so much that they come 5 or 6 times a week. Listen to your body — you may need more time or less time to recover, depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout.
I HAVE NEVER WORKED OUT ON A STARFORMER. CAN I DO THE WORKOUT CLASSES, OR SHOULD I DO PRIVATE WORKOUT CLASSES FIRST?
It depends on your current fitness level; 99% of our new students do just fine in the classes. The workout is intense but the routine is kept simple to make sure everyone is using good form. However, if you have chronic back pain, painful joints or a severe medical condition, it is recommended to take a private session first to assess your fitness level.
WILL I BE CHARGED IF I CONFIRMED ATTENDANCE AND I CAN’T COME?
Yes, even if it’s your first time. We absolutely require a 12-hour notice before making any type of changes to your schedule. There are no exceptions. If you fail to cancel your class and do not show up, you will be charged a $20 “no show” fee in addition to losing your class. All unlimited clients will receive a $20 charge for each late cancel and no show.
HOW DO I BOOK A CLASS?
We recommend all our members use our automated booking system. Our automated booking system is the easiest, fastest, and most accurate way to book classes. Contact us if you forgot your password or need more info. Click here to book now.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CLASS?
- We have filtered water, but please bring a water bottle so we can save paper cups.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow your muscles to stretch and your skin to “breathe.”
- ToeSox (if you don’t have a pair, you can get one at our studio).
- Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Your necklace may catch into the springs system (a nightmare to undo) and you may forget it or lose it. It creates too many opportunities for disaster (we know because we’ve seen it too many times).
- Please do not bring your cell phones into the studio; it can be distracting to yourself and others.
- If you are about to renew, please bring your payment. Most of our clientele pay online using our automated system. Please understand that no classes can be confirmed if you are not prepaid.
- You will need a hair tie if you have long hair.
Most importantly, bring a positive attitude! Leave all your worries behind. The class is for you. You need to be present-minded when working out to maximize the benefits of the class.